MediaSense Managing Partner, Ryan Kangisser contributes to the WARC Guide on structuring for effectiveness. This stand alone article focuses on In-housing strategy.
- While in-housing has afforded many benefits to brands, the organisational challenges of implementation can be far-reaching.
- A key driver towards self-sufficiency has been to achieve greater control, visibility and speed.
- A significant majority of brands are planning to bring more media functions in-house, but a minority (27%) intend to do their own programmatic buying and even less (17%) are considering insourcing media buying.
- Seeking the right training and investing accordingly will provide teams with both the depth and breadth to become subject matter experts (depth) and better citizens of the brand (breadth).
- In-housing, without careful strategy, can deepen silos within an organisation and undermine customer centricity.
- The legacy approach or organisation of marketing activity by channel needs to evolve towards one which is organised around the consumer.
WARC subscribers can read the article in full here.