MediaSense is a global media advisor, empowering leading global and domestic brands to make more informed decisions with their media. An exciting opportunity has become available to be part of our growing team.
The ideal candidate will be experienced, with ideally 5+ years’ media buying or investment/accountability experience in a media agency or media auditor, and will have good knowledge across all media channels. They will combine strong analytical & organisational skills with a logical approach to problem-solving. Energy, enthusiasm, loyalty, and a ‘muck in’ attitude are all essential in this fast-paced environment.
This is an important role within the company, as from day one you shall be managing the delivery of important project and retainer work. You will be supported by a very capable team of analysts and specialists, with whom you will collaborate closely in delivering high-quality work. We expect the right candidate to have a superb grasp of media maths, data and analytics; strong account management and organisational skills, excellent report writing abilities; and technical proficiency across the Office suite of products, to deliver consistently exceptional outputs.
This is an important role within the company and vital to the delivery of MediaSense’s services. It will involve substantial data processing and analysis of media data, changing often depending on
the live client projects. There will be ample opportunity to broaden the role and progress internally, based on the individual’s performance.
The role comprises a wide range of activities:
- Working with directors, senior managers, and analysts to deliver various types of media performance analyses across multiple media channels (on and offline), including large international cost tracking projects, and deep-dives of offline and online campaigns.
- Supporting pitch management projects both in terms of project management and evaluation of media agency offers and capabilities
- Managing, mentoring and training analysts on accounts and projects (note this role will not initially involve line management responsibility)
- Taking responsibility for a variety of challenging tasks on a more ad-hoc basis which will support the ongoing growth of our company
You are someone with:
- 5+ years’ experience in a media buying, investment/accountability or quantitative media analyst or auditing role with client contact.
- You should have an advanced understanding of the dynamics and mathematics of media planning, buying and investment.
- Independent, self-motivated and hard working with a very strong attention to detail
- Very highly organised with a proven track record in delivering large-scale projects, with the ability to manage up and down internally, with third parties and with clients
- Highly numerate with an aptitude for seeing the story in the numbers and ability to express and present that story engagingly in written documents and PowerPoint
- Clear and methodical approach to processing, arranging and extracting information from data
- Advanced Excel skills; any knowledge of media reporting software, or VBA, Tableau or Alteryx experience are a plus
- Articulate and collaborative – likes to work in a small team and mentor people
- Confident communicator, good presentation skills and at ease liaising with both agency and client contacts
- Interest in all aspects of the media industry, particularly with a view to learning more about the digital space
- Desire to work for a small, rapidly growing company where each individual’s contribution must contribute to that growth, and a self-starting attitude is vital
Location: London, UK
Sounds like a good fit? To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org