MediaSense is a global media advisor, empowering leading global and domestic brands to make more informed decisions with their media. Having recently won a government competition for innovation, we are about to embark on a cutting-edge data science project with the potential to accelerate both MediaSense’s business and your career. Working at the intersection of media, data science and machine learning, we are looking for a lead data scientist, whom will effectively impact, evangelise and embed best practice data science on the project and across the business.
We are looking for a lead data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data that we process at MediaSense. In your role, you will help us make smarter, faster and better decisions to deliver even better results. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality descriptive and/or prediction systems integrated within our products. You will be a key player on a highly innovative and exciting new project. This project will allow you to lead by example, show the value of data science and establish relationships across the business. You will be expected to be a highly efficient data science operator, with the ability to evangelise and promote the value that data science brings. This opportunity is a high-profile role within MediaSense and will suit a confident and highly literate data science professional.
- Establishing a data lake for scalable, secure and portable data interrogation.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending the company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a transparent manner
- Embedding cloud-based data science and machine learning capabilities into MediaSense.
- Selecting features, building and optimising classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Working alongside developers, directors and media analysts, to develop systems and platforms as required by the business.
- Building tools, process and techniques to aid data efficiency and effectiveness.
- Working on critical projects to deliver clear objectives-based outcomes.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding and practical use of at least one ETL tool, such as Talend, SAP, Tableau Prep, Alteryx or similar.
- Practical expertise in data cleaning, onboarding and databasing.
- Working knowledge and familiarity of the requirements for the security of information surrounding data onboarding, storage, processing and presentation.
- Practical experience with R, Python, NumPy, MatLab and Jupyter notebooks. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable.
- Experience with a range of visualisation tools, such as Tableau, D3.js, GGplot and Charts JS is helpful. Experience with at least 1 of these, or similar, is essential.
- Highly level of proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive and Pig. In-depth working knowledge of structured databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or MS-SQL Server.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, Apache Spark and/or Hadoop and HDFS, or similar, ideally for production-ready web-based applications.
- Operational skills in Google Cloud Platform, Google BigQuery, DataProc, PubSub, and Cloud Functions. AWS equivalents are also highly relevant.
- Solid working capability of TensorFlow, Keras and other Machine Learning libraries, tools and techniques.
- Essential to be able to convert business use cases into pure Data Science or Machine Learning problems to be solved.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, decision trees, Monte Carlo analytics, Bayesian statistics for both descriptive and stochastic analysis.
- Expertise in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Supervised Learning, neural networks is highly advantageous.
- Data-oriented personality.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lift data science up as a key function within the business.
Location: London, UK
Sounds like a good fit? To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com