MediaSense is a trusted media advisory partner to some of the world’s leading brands. We specialise in advising clients across all aspects of their media supply chain; their agency, their media & technology partners, and their internal operating model. We are a challenger to the legacy media auditor, consultant and pitch advisory players of the marketing communications consultancy sector offering intelligent, mature and high value advice on business and media challenges.
Summary of Role:
The Associate Analyst will possess natural analytical & organisational skills and have excellent attention to detail, combined with a logical approach. Demonstrating enthusiasm for media analysis and problem solving and a flexible attitude are all essential in this fast-paced environment.
This is an important support role in the delivery of MediaSense’s advisory services. You will be required to compile data on the media coverage a product receives and report your findings. You will be expected to deliver consistent, high quality work.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working alongside media analysts, senior analysts and account managers to carry out media performance tracking projects across multiple media and markets for international clients.
- Working alongside senior analysts and account managers to help support analytics of in-depth media campaign evaluations
- Supporting pitch management projects to evaluate media agency offers and capabilities.
- Substantial data processing of large sets of UK and International market data, ensuring data is theoretically correct and raising any key issues with media analysts, senior analysts and account managers
- Working with senior analysts and account managers to uncover and address issues with the quality of market data and performance tracking analyses to ensure our analysis is fair and logical.
- Developing a good knowledge of all media channels (online and offline) and a solid theoretical understanding of all the data parameters we would request from the agency in our standard post buy template
- Helping to maintain database tools covering all media and markets globally, while supporting senior analysts and account managers in developing these tools
- Considering how we can improve and develop MediaSense internal tools e.g. Abacus and making suggestions to senior analysts and account managers
- Helping out with a wide variety of tasks on an ad-hoc basis to support the ongoing growth of our company.
- Keeping informed of the latest developments across the media & marketing landscape, supported by internal & external training opportunities.
- A 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification, who is highly numerate, methodical & will enjoy deriving insight from data.
- Independent, articulate, self-motivated, hard working with strong attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills; any knowledge of reporting software, additional analytical tools, databases, programming languages
- Clear and methodical approach to processing, arranging and extracting information from data
- Flexibility and willingness to get stuck-in with tasks patterns and trends in the data to extract relevant insights
Demonstrate core MediaSense values; pursue excellence, champion people, foster a respectful and collaborative approach to work.
What we Offer:
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per year, up to a maximum of 28 days
- Hybrid working
- Private Healthcare
- Employee Assistance programme
- Group Life insurance
- Annual season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free eye test
- Work from any location in the world up to 10 days per year
- 5 days Annual Leave Purchase
- Employee Referral Bonus
- New Business Bonus
- Half day off for your birthday