MediaSense is a global media advisor, empowering leading global and domestic brands to make more informed decisions with their media. An exciting opportunity has become available to be part of our growing team.
The ideal candidate will have held account management and/or media planning/buying/ investment roles in media agencies. They will be natural relationship builders, possessing strong analytical & organisational skills combined with a logical approach to problem solving. Energy, enthusiasm, loyalty, and a ‘muck in’ attitude are all essential in this fast-paced environment.
This is an important role within the company, as from day one they shall be managing the delivery of important project and retainer work, alongside a Client Director. They will be supported by a very capable team of analysts and specialists, with whom they will collaborate closely in delivering high-quality work. We expect the right candidate to have strong account management and organisational skills; a good grasp of media maths and the commercial aspects of client / agency relationships; excellent communication and report writing abilities; and technical proficiency across the Office suite of products, to deliver consistently exceptional outputs.
In the medium to longer term, we expect the individual to make a significant contribution to the ongoing success of the company and build strong client relationships. The work will change often depending on the live client projects. There will be ample opportunity to broaden the role and progress internally, based on the individual’s performance.
The role comprises a wide range of activities:
- Working alongside client directors, digital advisors, managers and analysts as the project manager to deliver various types of media governance reviews, including large international cost & KPI tracking projects, and qualitative reviews of agency work and relationships
- Delivering and supporting pitch or contract renegotiation projects both in terms of project & account management and evaluation of media agency offers and capabilities
- Identifying opportunities to deepen customer relationships and build in added value services, and supporting development of service proposals
- Building relationships with clients and agency stakeholders, making sure people are kept apprised and clients are engaged with regularly
- Taking responsibility for a variety of challenging tasks on a more ad-hoc basis which will support the ongoing growth of our company
This diverse and challenging role provides a huge opportunity rarely achievable in the market. The projects which MediaSense undertake tend to be far more complex and challenging than the routine measurement done by legacy consulting companies.
You are someone with:
- 6+ years’ experience in an account management or media investment role within an international department, with excellent media craft skills and a deep understanding of what it takes to deliver exceptional media services
- Interest in all aspects of the media industry and sufficiently self-motivated to learn more when the opportunity presents itself
- Confident communicator with a track record of building strong client relationships
- Good understanding of the dynamics and mathematics of media planning & buying
- Independent, self-motivated and hard working with great attention to detail
- Highly organised with a proven track record in delivering large-scale projects, with the ability to manage up and down internally, with third parties and with clients
- Highly numerate with an aptitude for seeing the story in the numbers and ability to express and present that story engagingly in written documents and PowerPoint
- Articulate and collaborative – likes to work in a small team and mentor people
- Desire to work for a small, rapidly growing company where each individual’s contribution must contribute to that growth, and a self-starting attitude is vital
Location: London, UK
Sounds like a good fit? To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org