MediaSense is a global media advisor, empowering leading global and domestic brands to make more informed decisions with their media. An exciting opportunity has become available to be part of our growing team.
The ideal candidate will be experienced, having held account management and/or media planning/buying/investment roles in media agencies and/or media auditors, and will have good knowledge across all media channels. They will possess strong analytical & organisational skills combined with a logical approach to problem solving. Energy, enthusiasm, loyalty, and a ‘muck in’ attitude are all essential in this fast-paced environment.
This is an important role within the company, as from day one they shall be managing the delivery of important project and retainer work. They will be supported by a very capable team of client directors, analysts and specialists, with whom they will collaborate closely in delivering high-quality work. We expect the right candidate to have strong account management and organisational skills; a superb grasp of media maths, data and analytics; excellent report writing abilities; and technical proficiency across the Office suite of products, to deliver consistently exceptional outputs.
In the medium to longer term, we expect the individual to make a significant contribution to the ongoing success of the company and build strong client relationships. The work will change often depending on the live client projects. There will be ample opportunity to broaden the role and progress internally, based on the individual’s performance.
The role comprises a wide range of activities:
- Working alongside client directors, digital advisors, managers and analysts to deliver various types of media governance reviews, including large international cost tracking projects, deep-dives of offline and online campaigns, and reviews of the commercial aspects of a client / agency relationship
- Delivering and supporting pitch management projects both in terms of project management and evaluation and negotiation of media agency offers and methodologies
- Managing, mentoring and training managers and analysts on performance management projects
- Taking responsibility for a variety of challenging tasks on a more ad-hoc basis which will support the ongoing growth of our company
This diverse and challenging role provides a huge opportunity rarely achievable in the market. The projects which MediaSense undertake tend to be far more complex and challenging than the routine measurement done by legacy consulting companies.
You are someone with:
- 8+ years’ experience in a media investment or media planning & buying role within an international department, with excellent media craft skills and a deep understanding of what it takes to deliver exceptional media services
- Interest in all aspects of the media industry and particularly the digital eco-system, and sufficiently self-motivated to learn more when the opportunity presents itself
- Confident communicator with a track record of building trust in clients
- Advanced understanding of the dynamics and mathematics of media planning & buying
- Independent, self-motivated and hard working with great attention to detail
- Highly numerate with an aptitude for seeing the story in the numbers and ability to express and present that story engagingly in written documents and PowerPoint
- Well organised with a proven track record in delivering large-scale projects, with the ability to manage up and down internally, with third parties and with clients
- Articulate and collaborative – likes to work in a small team and mentor people
- Desire to work for a small, rapidly growing company where each individual’s contribution must contribute to that growth, and a self-starting attitude is vital
Location: London, UK
Sounds like a good fit? To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org