JOB DESCRIPTION: Web Developer (Contract)
MediaSense is a global media advisor, empowering leading global and domestic brands to make more informed decisions with their media. An exciting opportunity has become available to be part of our fast-growing team, and to become a key decision-maker within our business. The opportunity is to help build a sector defining product which delivers real time insights to some of the largest companies in the world.
Media can be a complex and challenging landscape to navigate. We take brands on a journey from where they are to where they want to be; building on existing strengths, removing blockers and maximising opportunities across all components of their media ecosystem.
Helping brands navigate change and engineer value since 2009, we are proud to work with a wide selection of global and domestic clients including adidas, Dixons Carphone, Chanel, Coca-Cola, Novartis, Liberty Global, Lloyds Banking Group, Co-Op and Dyson.
Our specialist advisory team brings together expertise from media and digital agencies, technology companies and brand marketing to evaluate the effectiveness of each component, determining where it can be improved. This includes:
Operating models: We help organisations transform internal and external operating models to drive productivity.
Pitch management: We find the right partners with the expertise, capabilities and culture to support brands needs and goals.
Media auditing: We evaluate media investments and assets and recommend new approaches to optimise value and performance.
Agency governance: We design and negotiate commercial models and contracts to drive appropriate behaviours and ensure accountability and compliance.
Ad tech consulting: We transform the role of ad tech to focus on needs, rather than wants.
We’re rigorous, we’re challenging and we’re independent, creating customised solutions that give brands clarity and control of their media investments.
For more information, visit www.media-sense.com
We are looking for a front-end web developer that can help us develop a green-field insight and alerting system. The successful applicant will be expected to create a web user interface, create and select different technology components and integrate them with first- and third-party API’s, including REST, Tableau and Okta.
- Proficient understanding of HTML5 & CSS
- At least one modern framework (React / Vue / Svelte / Angular or similar).
- Vanilla JS and the DOM.
- Asynchronous programming, including callbacks and Promises.
- Proficient usage of a source code Version Control System (Git or similar).
- Experience in implementing HTML/CSS/JS from designs in tools such as Figma, Sketch. or Adobe XD.
- Experience of developing systems built with third party API’s.
- Exposure or interest in learning of a CSS pre-processor (ideally SASS).
- Exposure or interest in learning TypeScript.
- Exposure or interest in learning Functional Programming.
Nice to have’s
- Basic knowledge of photo editing tools (GIMP / Photoshop etc).
- Knowledge of SQL.
- API Design tools (Swagger / OpenAPI or RAML).
- Exposure to continuous integration systems (Jenkins for example).
- Familiarity with Linux and standard UNIX command line tools.