MediaSense is a global media advisor, empowering leading global and domestic brands to make better informed decisions with their media. An exciting opportunity has opened up to support our fast-growing transformation practice.
The ideal candidate will be very experienced, having held senior client side or agency (media-related) positions which will have entailed significant exposure to client-side media operating models, agency models, in-housing, planning and trading practices.
They will be natural relationship builders, possessing strong strategic & organisational skills combined with a logical approach to problem solving. Energy, enthusiasm, loyalty, and a ‘muck in’ attitude are all essential in this fast paced environment.
This is an important role within the company, as from day one you will be working on high profile projects and retainer assignments, alongside the Directors of the company. You will be supported by a very capable team of experts and analysts, with whom you will work closely and collaboratively to deliver high quality work. We expect the right candidate to have excellent relationship building, presentation and report writing skills.
The role comprises a wide range of activities:
- Leading media & digital transformation projects involving strategic assessments of brand and agency operating models to reveal opportunities for improvement and growth
- Advising on the feasibility and business case for in-housing
- Advising on the capability requirements and data and technology infrastructure which power an organisation’s media operating model
- Working alongside the directors, digital advisors and analysts as the strategic lead on key client assignments, including pitch & performance management
- Identifying opportunities to deepen customer relationships and build in added value services
- Developing and selling proposals to new prospects and existing clients
This diverse and challenging role provides a huge opportunity rarely available in media agencies and client organisations. The programmes which MediaSense undertake are strategic, varied, high value and usually involve in-depth business conversations with senior client & agency stakeholders
You are mature, articulate, numerate & methodical and have a self-starting attitude to work. You present well and enjoy working independently and within a team.
You are someone with:
- Substantial, likely to be 10+ years’ experience in a media role, with excellent people skills and a deep understanding of what it takes to deliver exceptional media services to (and within) a client organisation
- Have worked across international markets, and have a good understanding of the significant differences and nuances attached to key media markets
- First-hand knowledge of the digital eco-system and are sufficiently self-motivated to learn more when the opportunity presents itself
- A track record of building strong client relationships
- Independent, collaborative, self-motivated and hard working with attention to detail
- Confident communicator, excellent presentation skills and at ease liaising with both agency and client contacts
JOB DESCRIPTION: Web Developer (Contract)
MediaSense is a global media advisor, empowering leading global and domestic brands to make more informed decisions with their media. An exciting opportunity has become available to be part of our fast-growing team, and to become a key decision-maker within our business. The opportunity is to help build a sector defining product which delivers real time insights to some of the largest companies in the world.
Media can be a complex and challenging landscape to navigate. We take brands on a journey from where they are to where they want to be; building on existing strengths, removing blockers and maximising opportunities across all components of their media ecosystem.
Helping brands navigate change and engineer value since 2009, we are proud to work with a wide selection of global and domestic clients including adidas, Dixons Carphone, Chanel, Coca-Cola, Novartis, Liberty Global, Lloyds Banking Group, Co-Op and Dyson.
Our specialist advisory team brings together expertise from media and digital agencies, technology companies and brand marketing to evaluate the effectiveness of each component, determining where it can be improved. This includes:
Operating models: We help organisations transform internal and external operating models to drive productivity.
Pitch management: We find the right partners with the expertise, capabilities and culture to support brands needs and goals.
Media auditing: We evaluate media investments and assets and recommend new approaches to optimise value and performance.
Agency governance: We design and negotiate commercial models and contracts to drive appropriate behaviours and ensure accountability and compliance.
Ad tech consulting: We transform the role of ad tech to focus on needs, rather than wants.
We’re rigorous, we’re challenging and we’re independent, creating customised solutions that give brands clarity and control of their media investments.
For more information, visit www.media-sense.com
We are looking for a front-end web developer that can help us develop a green-field insight and alerting system. The successful applicant will be expected to create a web user interface, create and select different technology components and integrate them with first- and third-party API’s, including REST, Tableau and Okta.
- Proficient understanding of HTML5 & CSS
- At least one modern framework (React / Vue / Svelte / Angular or similar).
- Vanilla JS and the DOM.
- Asynchronous programming, including callbacks and Promises.
- Proficient usage of a source code Version Control System (Git or similar).
- Experience in implementing HTML/CSS/JS from designs in tools such as Figma, Sketch. or Adobe XD.
- Experience of developing systems built with third party API’s.
- Exposure or interest in learning of a CSS pre-processor (ideally SASS).
- Exposure or interest in learning TypeScript.
- Exposure or interest in learning Functional Programming.
Nice to have’s
- Basic knowledge of photo editing tools (GIMP / Photoshop etc).
- Knowledge of SQL.
- API Design tools (Swagger / OpenAPI or RAML).
- Exposure to continuous integration systems (Jenkins for example).
- Familiarity with Linux and standard UNIX command line tools.
MediaSense is a trusted media advisory partner to some of the world’s leading brands. We specialise in advising clients across all aspects of their media supply chain; their agency, their media & technology partners, and their internal operating model. We are a challenger to the legacy media auditor, consultant and pitch doctor players of the marketing communications consultancy sector offering intelligent, mature and high value advice on business and media challenges.
Our services provide controlled and active management of media investments and assets, by eliminating waste, controlling costs, improving processes, managing relationships, increasing productivity and ultimately ensuring commercial and media goals are tightly aligned.
MediaSense are looking for a Digital Manager to support the Digital team in the delivery of high quality digital consultancy services to clients, working across Display, Paid Social and Paid Search. It is a thriving area as clients continually seek greater support as they navigate through an increasingly complex landscape.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A quick learner
- A self-starter with sense of autonomy and initiative
- Ability to prioritise across a variety of projects
- Strong digital experience either from a media agency, media owner, consultancy or client background
- Experience working across multiple data sets and reporting platforms concurrently
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability and confidence to extract insights from data and tell a story – what is important to tell the client and why?
- Highly organised with an eye for detail
- Experience working with senior clients and complex organisations
- Confident presenter and communicator
- Ability to clearly articulate complex digital ideas to both other digital specialists and also members of the business who are less digitally literate
The following are preferable but not a specific requirement:
- 2-3 years of digital experience
- Experience with Tableau or Power BI
- Experience creating dashboards
- Experience working in specific digital platforms (e.g. DV360, Facebook Business Manager, Amazon Ads Manager etc.)
- Demonstrative experience with automating processes
The role itself will include a range of activities including:
- In depth analysis and evaluation of digital media campaigns, providing supporting insights & recommendations
- Working closely with clients to set meaningful and challenging digital KPIs and reporting frameworks
- Visualisation of client data, identifying key performance trends and data signals
- Providing on-going support to clients on current and emerging digital media practices
- Support pitch management projects to help clients evaluate digital capabilities