MediaSense is a global media advisor, empowering leading global and domestic brands to make more informed decisions with their media investments. An exciting opportunity has become available to be part of our fast-growing team, and to be a key contributor within our business.
Media can be a complex and challenging landscape to navigate. We take brands on a journey from where they are to where they want to be; building on existing strengths, removing blockers and maximising opportunities across all components of their media ecosystem.
Helping brands navigate change and engineer value since 2009, we are proud to work with a wide selection of global and domestic clients including Adidas, Coca-Cola, Sanofi, Just Eat, Virgin Media, Lloyds, Co-Op and Dyson.
Our specialist advisory team brings together expertise from media and digital agencies, technology companies and brand marketing, to evaluate the effectiveness of each component of the media eco-system, determining where it can be improved.
About the Role
As MediaSense grows we wish to engage our clients in new ways, including web-based alerting, reporting and communications platforms.
MediaSense also captures and stores both digital adverting data and traditional offline data which is becoming increasingly larger and complex. To help our analysts we often need to create in-house tools to surface new data sources, allow easier access and increase efficiency.
- You will have good communication skills so you can collaborate with users and project owners to collect requirements and change requests.
- You think of the complete system, from Database, to internal API’s and the front end, all the while considering how the solutions will be perceived by users.
- You’ll likely have a preferred programming language, tools and servers, but you are happy to, and have investigated other systems. You’re confident in picking up new skills when required to complete the project.
- You can take ownership of a project, break it down into smaller tasks and can communicate the current status to the business.
About what we currently Use
- We have NodeJS, C#, Clojure and Python code in production, which often has a PostgreSQL database, but sometimes is something entirely different.
- We design APIs in Swagger/Open API.
- Strive to write clean, maintainable code and similarly have our infrastructure documented / created by Terraform and similar tools.
- In collaboration with project owners and users, we design and implement out our own user interfaces.
- We host our own code on Linux, sometimes in AWS.
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, and scalability are being considered when architecting solutions.
- Try to develop simple, but creative solutions to problems, where they exist.
What we can offer
- Private medical health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Travel Loan
- New Business bonus scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free annual eye test
We pursue excellence. We champion people. We are respectful. We are collaborative.
To apply for the role – please pass over a CV and brief cover letter to: