MediaSense is a global media advisor, empowering leading global and domestic brands to make more informed decisions with their media investments. An exciting opportunity has become available to be part of our fast-growing team, and to be a key contributor within our business.
Media can be a complex and challenging landscape to navigate. We take brands on a journey from where they are to where they want to be; building on existing strengths, removing blockers and maximising opportunities across all components of their media ecosystem.
Helping brands navigate change and engineer value since 2009, we are proud to work with a wide selection of global and domestic clients including Adidas, Coca-Cola, Sanofi, Just Eat, Virgin Media, Lloyds, Co-Op and Dyson.
Our specialist advisory team brings together expertise from media and digital agencies, technology companies and brand marketing, to evaluate the effectiveness of each component of the media eco-system, determining where it can be improved.
About the Role
As MediaSense grows, the data that we capture and store is becoming increasingly larger and complex. We have a need for someone who can analyse and organize raw data files in various formats (Excel, CSV, JSON, etc.) to improve data quality and reliability.
The data that we use to help advise our clients can come from media agencies, third party advertising platforms such as Google or Facebook, client-provided data, and publicly available data. Because of these wide-ranging sources, deploying solutions that store and organize these data sets in a structured manner is of critical importance to us.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to grow in multiple areas and will work closely with data scientists and software developers to build data pipelines for our media data. You will be involved in building pipelines that ultimately allow our team to give the best possible service to our clients.
- You are comfortable with database concepts, SQL, shell scripting and familiarity with at least one programming language, preferably Python
- You have exposure to cloud-based tools, in particular AWS Glue and Athena
- You can design end-to-end data pipelines including data gathering via APIs/scraping, data transformations, data storage and usage
- You can identify areas of improvement in existing processes and opportunities for further data acquisition to help meet our business objectives
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with Tableau or other BI tools
- Apache Airflow, NiFi or similar tools
- Exposure to data ETL tools such as Alteryx and Tableau Prep
What we can offer
- Private medical health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Travel Loan
- New Business bonus scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free annual eye test
We pursue excellence. We champion people. We are respectful. We are collaborative.
To apply for the role – please pass over a CV and brief cover letter to: